Homes with no alarm system are three times as likely to have a break-in, as ones with a system installed. Wayne explained how security systems can provide many more services beyond basic home security, such as the following:
- garage door closure
- home automation services
- turning lights off and on
- adjusting the thermostat
He then answered questions from our members.
- Q: What does it cost to have a system installed?
- A: Typical costs range from $500 to $1200 depending on the additional features included
- Q: What is the monthly service fee?
- A: $15.95 for a basic home security service; $32,95 with included automation
- Q: What happens when the electricity fails?
- A: Systems include a 16 to 24 hour battery backup