Brian used a question and answer session to address issues of immediate concern to our chapter’s members.
- Q: How far underground should a water line be from a house to a pool?
- A: At least three feet
- Q: Is it okay to use chemical solutions for slow/clogged drain issues?
- A: There are several potential problems when doing so; therefore, he recommends that such products should not be used. To avoid slow/clogged drains, it is a good idea to clean any traps regularly.
- Q: With new standards now in place for hot water heaters, should I consider updating mine soon?
- A: There is no need to do so; keep using what you have until it goes bad and must be replaced.